Monday, March 15, 2010

"I'm pretty sure life comes easier to you when you are Vusi Mahlasela"

In sticking with theme of what happened on my birthday, I wanted to share some of the music that I picked up from i-tunes. I was able to get a hold of some music from South African singer-songwriter, Vusi Mahlasela. I checked out his website, and was pretty disappointed by the results. The homepage is compact and does not require scrolling, that is a plus. The photo of Vusi with guitar in hand is a nice touch, and does a bit of the "show, not tell" that I referred to in my DMB review. However, the links of the web site are small, white, and at the bottom of the page, making it near impossible to see them. I quite literally didn't even see the ones all the way to the left until after about sixty seconds. I did not like that the writing on the homepage was small and urged you to go to youtube to check him out before you even explored his own site. I would revise that. Beyond the homepage, the site is great, with correct proximity, colorful pics, effective font contrast, clear links present on every page. However, the homepage's inability to draw and keep an audience from even getting to know his site and more importantly, his music. (If you do nothing else for the rest of the day, please click that link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment