Monday, January 10, 2011

Do they wear headphones on Sesame Street?

I'm coming off some fiction work involving Disney Princesses and the muppets of Sesame Street. That's all well and good, but I feel as though I've been changed forever by the experience. As you can imagine, I did quite a bit of research on both subject matters as a part of my writing process. As a result I kind of got in touch with my inner child again, and the results are evident as I've recently picked up some Sesame related t-shirts and whatnot. The reason I bring this up is that today I was checking out some birthday cards with my sister and saw a children's birthday card with Count Von Count on it. I was pretty pumped to see one of the more unsung muppets getting a chunk of the limelight with Elmo and before I knew what I was doing, I borderline shouted, "Ah, Count Von Count, awesome!" I then darted to the other side of the aisle and picked up the card. I then notice two middle-aged women giving an understandably perplexed to the 21-year old who was so giddy about a Muppet sighting. I was pretty embarrassed and can only hope that this is just a phase.

Cheers to ABC News for taking the time to point out the absurdity of the wardrobe of Walt "Clyde" Frazier tonight to close out their broadcast. They noted a boisterous camouflage suit, and an even louder synthetic leopard suit worn under the bright lights of L.A.'s Staples Center yesterday. There are some things that words don't describe. Clyde's epic threads fall into the category.

Advice of the Day: When purchasing colored headphones, choose a color that will match the majority of the clothes you wear.

Thought of the Day: The snow sucks at this point. I think the only thing that would make snow worthwhile is if it fell in different colors. If it snows green tomorrow, I'll be pretty intrigued. If it snows blue next week, I'd be pretty stoked. Then we could dress ourselves (including our headphones) to match the color of that particular snowfall. Admit it, as ridiculous as that is, it'd be pretty darn cool. Dare I say, below freezing? Just think of how the multi-colored ketchup revitalized the perception of condiments in America. I think I'm onto something.

Song of the Day: Woodstock - CSNY
Jazz Song of the Day: Hijacked - John McLaughlin Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment